Pages

Saturday 9 September 2017

Poem about the past


I am a young boy that comes from a village in Samoa named fusi safata.
I follow my ancestors footsteps all the way to the future. I look back to the past for memories, Relaxing on the burning sand, and trying to describe my ancestors,
I’m proud of who I am. A fierce Samoan.
I am proud of my parents that brought me into this world.
I am also proud of me being a singer and a drummer.
I got my name from my grandfather and I am proud of him teaching me  how to sing and how to play instruments like drum and bass.
When ever  I think of my culture I think of my family.
I think of my ancestors.
In Upolu, in my village
Thinking about future generations. Like me.
Their golden child
Walking with them ,
learning their ways.
My grandmother died at the age of 105, I still know that she is still with me even if I forget that she is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment